Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rockin' Guitar Scarf Pattern and Knit Picks


I am thrilled to announce that I had a pattern accepted into the Knit Picks "Independent Designers Program". It was listed on their site today and can be purchased as a download at Knit Picks. The scarf was made using Knit Picks Worsted Swish in Truffle and Big Sky. Big Sky is a new color just released yesterday, and it's a beautiful shade of blue. The swish yarn is just wonderful to work with (even my cat likes it, see my earlier post about that). The whole process was a great experience, and I want to give a big thank you to Stacey at Knit Picks who was very kind and helpful.  And huge thanks too, to my beautiful sister Becky for modeling the scarf, and to my very talented photographer father for taking the great pictures.

Pattern is also available in my Etsy Shop


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm in the midst of making this scarf now, for my young daughter who plays guitar. I love it already and the pattern is very easy to follow--which I appreciate as a novice :-)

Charlene said...

I would love to make this for a friend who plays guitar, but it's a crochet pattern, and I don't crochet, I knit. Will the chart work if I knit it? Thanks

Doni said...

Hi Charlene,
The guitar scarf does have a chart to follow, and is made in single crochet, which may be close to the same as knitting in stockinette. But since I haven't ever tried it in knit, I'm can't say for sure if the design would come out the same. I may have to give that a try one of these days though. :)