Sunday, October 17, 2010

Gus is a Bad influence on Grace

As I've mentioned, Gus is very ornery little guy, and spends most of his waking moments trying to figure out something new to get into.  A few weeks ago, I found him sitting in a basement window, located way up high near the ceiling.  I couldn't believe he found a way to get up there.  And Grace, as usual was sitting nearby watching him.  She loves being his sidekick and watching all his antics, and I knew it was only a matter of time before she started trying some of the things she was learning from him.

For the past week, there have been times when I haven't been able to find Grace.  She likes to find little places to hide and nap, and I figured she must have a new spot that I had yet to find.  This morning I was looking all over for her, and made my way to the basement to take a look.  Unable to find her, I was headed back upstairs when I noticed Gus staring up at something. As I got closer, I saw what looked like a tail dangling from the ceiling.  Took me a minute to process what I was seeing, but apparently Grace had climbed up a bookcase, jumped into the window that Gus had been in a few weeks back, and from there climbed up into this tiny area between the top of a 2 x 4 where the wall has been framed in, and one of the ceiling beams. I don't know how she squeezed in there, and I sure didn't see how she was going to get back out.  Eventually she did come out, and as soon as she did, I moved the bookcase to another wall, and hopefully she won't figure out another way.  :)  Gus is enjoying his status as the "good" cat today,  (although I know the only reason he wasn't up there too, was because his hind end is too big to squeeze into that small area)  :)  



1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh my gosh -- those kitties are a never-ending source of entertainment. I laughed at the warm towel story too -- very cute!